Pre-Engineered Buildings (PEB) are “tailor made” steel buildings based on the architecture and engineering requirements of the users.
What are Pre-Engineered Buildings ?
Typically, a Pre-Engineered Buildings or PEB buildings is made of three distinctive parts:
- Primary framing members (columns and rafters), which are tapered built-up sections, with large depths in areas of higher stress according to the Bending Moment Diagram
- Secondary structural members (roof purlins, eave struts, wall girts and others), which are light weight cold-formed “Z” and “C” shaped members
- Roll formed profiled sheeting (roof and wall panels)
All the primary framing members and secondary structural members are pre-sheared, pre-punched, pre-drilled, pre-welded and pre-formed in the factory before being shipped to the job site for erection.
The pre-fabricated components are then fixed and jointed via bolt and nut connections at job site.
Model of Pre-Engineered Steel Building
Typical model of a Zamil Steel’s Pre-Engineered Steel Building
More about : Building Design
Why choose Pre-Engineered Buildings ?
Saving material on low stress areas of the primary framing members makes Pre-Engineered Building more cost-effective than conventional steel buildings
More about : Building Manufacturing
- Quick Fabrication & Installation
Pre-Engineered Building systems focus on using pre-determined material stock and pre-designed connections to design and fabricate the building structures, thus significantly reducing the time required for design, fabrication and installation.
- A versatile building system that fits various applications
Pre-Engineered Building can be fitted with different structural accessories including mezzanine floors, crane runway beams, roof platform, catwalk and aesthetic features such as fascias, interior partitions, canopies, etc.
The buildings are made fully water proof when applying our MaxSEAM® standing seam roofing system with its roof drainage components and trims, making it a durable building system. The buildings can be furnished internally to serve all functions, and accessorized externally to achieve unique and aesthetically pleasing architecture designs, making it ideal for applications such as factories, warehouses, workshops, showrooms, hypermarkets, etc.