Pre-Engineered Steel Buildings (PEB) are steel buildings “tailor-made” based on the architecture and engineering requirements of the users.
Typically, a Pre-Engineered Steel Building or PEB building is made of three distinctive parts:
- Primary framing members (columns and rafters), which are tapered built-up sections, with large depths in areas of higher stress according to the Bending Moment Diagram
- Secondary structural members (roof purlins, eave struts, wall girts and others), which are light weight cold-formed “Z” and “C” shaped members
- Roll formed profiled sheeting (roof and wall panels)
All the primary framing members and secondary structural members are pre-sheared, pre-punched, pre-drilled, pre-welded and pre-formed in the factory before being shipped to the job site for erection.
The pre-fabricated components are then fixed and jointed via nut & bolt connections at job site.
Typical model of a Zamil Steel’s Pre-Engineered Steel Building
Saving material on low stress areas of the primary framing members makes Pre-Engineered Steel Buildings more cost-effective than conventional steel building.
- Quick Fabrication & Installation
Pre-Engineered Steel Building systems focus on using pre-designed connections and pre-determined material stock to design and fabricate the building structures, thus significantly reducing the time required for design, fabrication and installation.
- A versatile building system that fits various applications
Pre-Engineered Steel Buildings can be fitted with different structural accessories including mezzanine floors, crane runway beams, roof platform, catwalk and aesthetic features such as canopies, fascias, interior partitions etc.
The buildings are made fully water proof when applying our MaxSEAM standing seam roofing system with its roof drainage components and trims, making it a versatile building system ; can be furnished internally to serve all functions, and accessorized externally to achieve unique and aesthetically pleasing architecture designs, making it ideal for applications such as factories, warehouses, workshops, showrooms, hypermarkets, etc.